BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Crazy Costa Rica!! Coffee Plantation!!!!!

Ok, let me get this straight: I LOVE COFFEE!!!!!!!!!!! So I was up at 6:30a.m. waiting until it was time to drive to the coffee plantation. I finally broke down and drove to the plantation at 7:35 a.m. I arrived, and of course nobody except the workers and the tour guide were there.

The coffee plantation at 7 a.m.
The tour guide was happy to see me here so early. She was happy that someone out there liked coffee as much as she did, so, she gave me a private tour of the coffee plantation before everybody else showed up(oh, by the way, the tour wasn't supposed to start until 9:00). The traditional method(being used by the coffee plantation I was at) of planting coffee is to put 20 seeds in each hole at the beginning of the rainy season(about half of the seeds will die because of harsh weather). A more effective and easier method of growing coffee, used in Brazil, is to raise seedlings in nurseries and then plant them outside when they are six to twelve months old. The lady first showed me the coffee trees. The whole plantation smelled REALLY GOOD(hey, you know how you always say smells should be able to come out of your computer, well this is the reason why). Anyway, my private-special-VIP tour had to end there becuase the other people started to arrive. The tour was like I had expected, she showed us the coffee, how it was made, it being made, and then the final product. She gave each person a bag of their beans and a coffee sample. The sample was amazing, rich, creamy, it felt like heaven. Which could only explain my later hyperness...

0 comments: