BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Crazy Costa Rica!!!! Zip Lining!!

Ahhh, my first day in Costa Rica. And what a better way to spend it than in the jungle zip lining? I arrived in a jeep filled with other tourists at around 8 o'clock in the morning at the edge of a rain forest. The rain forest seemed endless, if you looked inside, it looked dark and sort of creepy. I was glad we were going with a guide, or else I would of probably gotten lost within the first thirty minutes of my arrival. The guide gave us some safety rules, then we were off. We trudged through the rain forest. I saw many beautiful animals there. There was a flock of Scarlet Macaws in a tree, which I managed to get a couple of pictures of (they weren't exactly fans of the paparazzi). I then was faced with a bridge. A small, thin, bridge. A VERY, small, thin bridge.As you might guess, I wasn't very thrilled to walk across it. I took a step onto it and it creaked and swayed as if its boards were about to crack and fall.You've probably seen a bunch of those movies where they have people walk across these outrageous bridges and fall off. It felt exactly like that. I tried to put all those thoughts behind me, and just walk across the bridge, but every three seconds I was faced with a thought like " What if one of the ropes breaks and I am left hanging on to the other rope until I become so tired that I let go and fall to the ground to have lions, jaguars and vultures pick my remains apart." It took me forever to get across that bridge. I imagine it probably only took five minutes in real life. It was really fun. Once I got across the bridge it was time for zip lining. I was the first person to go(everyone else was chicken:) I got all strapped up, and got hooked to the line, then I flew. I zipped(hence the name zip line) through the trees and flew over the forest. I was sad when it was over, but my feet were tired, so I decided to call it a day, and head home.

0 comments: