BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Jamazing Japan!!!!!!!! Capsule Hotel!!!



Ahhh, I finally arrive in Japan. It was a relief to be on the ground after those long, torturous hours of being offered "sushi" (or whatever that stuff was) on a cramped plane with nothing to do. Once I got to Japan, I noticed an immediate difference between the Japanese people and American people. You see, the average height of a Japanese woman is about 5 feet 3 inches. Since I am almost 5 feet 5 inches, and am sometimes considered short, for once in my life, I was tallish. Anyway, for once, I wasn't tired, and was ready to start my day. The only problem with that was it was two in the morning. I guessed the only thing to do was check into a hotel. And what better hotel than a pod hotel! Warning: Claustrophobics should NOT stay in a capsule hotel. If you didn't already know, capsule hotels(or pod hotels) are these little capsules, about the size of any normal person in a comfortable sleeping position, with a bed a t.v. and some drawers to put your clothes in. The showers are in a shower room/bathroom. I got a cab driver who, thankfully, spoke English, and knew of many good capsule hotels around Tokyo. Right away he found one and I checked in, found a pod, and started to watch tv. It wasnt very interesting, so I decided to end my first day curled up in a ball, listening to japanese people arguing with eachother on my tv.

0 comments: