I decided it was about time I visited a Japanese department store today. I woke up at six o'clock in the morning, put on some clothes, which I later discovered were on inside out, and got a cab to downtown Tokyo. As I got out of my cab, a lady walked up to me and asked me if I had any Yen. I gave her some, and we started to talk. Her name was Lilli and she was a student in America who came to Japan a couple of weeks ago to practice her Japanese speaking. We both wanted to go to a Japanese department store, so we decided to go together. We walked around for a bit, and then saw this huge building that said Takasimaya. Lilli translated all of the words on the building and told me that it was just what we were looking for. A department store. We entered the building and the whole first floor was FILLED with food. We went straight for the candy
(of course) and I picked the rice candy with the edible wrappers, and the candy that looked like sushi(but don't worry, it wasn't sushi)
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Jamazing Japan!!!!!!!!! Department Store!!!!
We then proceeded to the next floor where I found a cool green and pink shirt that had animals and words that looked cool, so I bought it. Lilli found a sweatshirt that said, in English, The Rabbit is Past the Bear. I laughed and we continued on to the third floor which consisted of underwear and toys. We avoided the underwear, and played with the toys like third graders.I had sushi(duhh)back on the first floor, which was really good. We then decided to leave, because the store was closing, and went our seperate ways.
Posted by Nicole S. at 7:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment