BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Sight

I am so excited! After a 20 hour interminable plane ride, I landed in Rwanda. I cant wait to start the activities I planned for myself. First up, mountain gorillas. I trekked up and up through beautiful forests draped in vines and moss covered Hagenia. I occasionally saw a baboon or two, but that was nothing compared to what I was about to see. Right in front of me stood a mother gorilla and her baby on her back. It was breathtaking. She didn't seem to notice, or mind our company, she just continued on with her business. I took more pictures than a busload of Japanese tourists. My camera was filled with pictures, and I even had to delete some of my less important ones. After we were done, I checked into my hotel, got in bed, and fell asleep to the sound of rain pelting my window.

0 comments: