Today was my Ruins of Ephesus day. I think it was one of my favorite days in Turkey.It was especially cool because while I was there I met Hannah! I was getting on the bus to drive to the ruins, walked on(ha ha I almost missed the bus!)and sat down in the seat in the back row. I saw a person next to me. Hmmmmm. Blonde hair, a little bit taller than me.......I felt as if I had known this person for around eight months, tented with on the fall trip and midyear trip , and sat next to at lunch time. Apparently she did too because she said," Do I know you?". A HA!! Detective Nicole has solved the case! ( In a timely fashion to!) It was Hannah!! We chatted for a bit until the bus arrived at the ruins. Apparently Ephesus was an ancient Greek city during the time of the Classical Greek Era. The city was famous for the Temple Of Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders Of the Ancient World. Once Hannah and I got off the bus, we waited in a long line for our tickets to get into the museum. We walked around until I got bored:). There was a lot of neat artifacts in the museum. There were a lot of different sculptures and carvings in it. Once we left the museum, we went to check out the city. The city itself was amazing, there were a lot of half-crumbled homes and stores. My favorite parts were the Temple of Artemis, and lunchtime. For lunch I had Dönner Kebabs. Three. Dönner. Kebabs. A Dönner Kebab is pretty much a meat filled sandwich. Ahhhhh they were so good. While Hannah was munching away at her wimpy little lamb casserole,
I was ferouciously wolfing down my Dönner Kebab. After lunch, we visited the Library Of Celsus. It was a big, old library that used to hold 12,ooo scrolls and served as a burial tomb for Tiberius Julius Celsus Polemaeanus! Hannah didn't find that interesting, and so we decided to leave. We got on the bus, and went our seperate ways again. Boy am I glad I saw Hannah that day!
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Tasty Turkey!!!!!!!! Ruins of Ephesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by Nicole S. at 11:31 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment