BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Tasty Turkey!!!!!!! Skiing!!!!!!!!

Today was really fun, but painful. I decided that it was about time I got a little cold, and packed a bag with my ski coat, my phone, and my money, and headed to the airport to go skiing. I had to take a plane to Bursa, Uludag. Since the ski resort I would be skiing at was in a national park, I had to fly to the airport, and take a special bus(special as in the only bus that could go to the park) to the top of the mountain. AAHHH!!!! The mountain wSee full size imageas REALLY steep! I couldn't look as we slowly crawled just inches away from the edge of the cliff. I started to write my will in my head" And I will leave my dogs to my parents--" and then we lurched to a stop. Apparently the bus had broken down (oh joy!) and the driver had to fix it. I was really freaking out now. He took about five minutes to fix the bus(translation to Nicole Hysteria Time: 5 hours). Once we got to the park, I rented some skis, and got a skiing lesson from a Turkish dude. He was appalled at my lack of skiing knowledge. I just got on the skis and flopped over on my butt. Once I got the hang of it, though, it was really fun. I was only able to do the really easy ones. I once got distracted with a bird, and almost crashed into a tree, too. It was really beautiful where I was skiing, and decided to get hot chocolate after I was finished skiing and walk around. I made a snowmanSee full size image, which I was pretty proud of, and made a snow fort so I could throw snowballs at innocent bystanders. I geuss the torturous trip up the mountain WAS w0rth it.

0 comments: