BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Incredible Italy(gelato) (touch)

Today was very low key. I was really tired from all that shopping from yesterday that I fell right asleep and slept in until 9:30 a.m. I decided that, since I didn't have anything planned for the day, that I would just hang around Florence and see the sights. I got dressed, had some breakfast, and headed out for the day. I strolled around the city, took some pictures, bought some earrings at a jewelry shop, just simple things like that. I got soon got hungry, so I looked around a bit and found a casual pizza place, and chowed down on some pizza. I then realized that I had never tasted authentic Italian gelato. I quickly finished my pizza, and ran to the nearest gelato shop I could find. I walked in, and was amazed. They had every flavour you could ever imagine. Amaretto, chocolate vanilla, raspberry, mango, ,mocha, coffee, stracciatella, and, ooh, hazelnut, my favorite. Obviously, I ordered a hazelnut, sat down outside, and took a bite. The coldness felt good in my mouth, and tasted even better. I savored every bite, and was sad when I finished, so I got another gelato! This time I ordered the mocha. It was good, but not as good as the hazelnut. After I finished my gelato for the second time, It got dark out, and I decided to finish the last of my shopping, and go back my hotel. Since I was far from hungry, I decided to skip dinner. Instead, I just went to bed.

0 comments: