BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Invisible Children Entry Three

Today, we left Uganda. We woke up at dawn, said goodbye to all of our new friends, gave Innocent a hug, got to talk to him for a little bit and eat a breakfast of mangoes with him. He introduced us to his family, but sadly had to leave for the airport.http://www.marieclaire.com/cm/marieclaire/images/DSC07819.JPGWe soon boarded our plane to America at 6:45 am. I felt sad that we had to go, I wanted to continue helping the people in Gulu. I was also happy that we got to go back to America where it is safe. On the plane, we were once again the only people on board. But that didn't really matter because three days in Uganda had finally caught up to me, and I fell into a deep sleep.

4 comments:

jessica good said...

Good blog nicole

Lia said...

I loved what Innocent said "That is just how Ugandans are, we can find happiness in even the worst of situations'.

crushcake13 said...

I love ur cannibal fishies titleon ur page.... I also likedur post about uganda

John SB said...

Invisible Children
Entry 1-a different kind of trip...staying with the night commuters...Innocent...just feeling fortunate to be alive...Powerful opening.
Entry 2-Power Bars...despite all of this, we could hear singing...helping people in need.
Entry 3-great photo...a deep sleep.

Great entries, Nicole. I only wish you would have had a more retrospective conclusion and that you would have found a way to add a link here and there to get the most from the blog as a medium.